Social Media can be an overwhelming place for even the most seasoned marketers. The features and ways in which we use the various platforms can change overnight.
Even for smaller businesses, it definitely is worth being active in the field of social media marketing in order to reach a target audience and enlarge a customer base. Now with so many things on the go for a small business, how can one do that successfully? Here are six very simple ways that you can improve your social media skills, and get your brand engaging with new and existing customers.
1) Research your competition. The Info & Ads tab on Facebook business pages is a perfect feature for this.
2) Decide which platforms are right for your brand. Just because it exists, or is popular, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right for you. Each platform caters to a different audience, and should, therefore, have a different goal.
3) Know who your customers are. This will make creating content super easy.
4) Focus on quality over quantity. One great post a week is much better than five irrelevant posts that will lack engagement.
5) Consistency is key.
6) Be patient, and focus on building a relationship with your audience. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will your following on social media if all you’re going to do is be a pushy salesman.